Prof. Durganand Sinha Dissertation Award
Prof. Durganand Sinha Doctoral Dissertation Award was instituted during the lifetime of Prof. Sinha who was one of the most well recognized Indian Psychologist internationally. After his death in 1998, the award is managed by the Prof. Durganand Sinha Trust. The National Academy of Psychology (NAOP) in India organizes the award competition. The Salient Features of the Award are as follows :
- The award is instituted to promote and recognize quality scientific research in the form of Doctoral Dissertation.
- Only those are eligible for the award who has been already awarded Doctoral Degree three years prior to the date of the annual convention of NAOP.
- Each aspirant is required to submit a soft copy of their dissertation (along with a short abstract and synopsis) along with the duly filled information sheet. All the documents should be sent to Prof. R.C. Tripathi. Email: email@example.com
- The Trust will constitute a committee to select up to five scholars who will personally attend NAOP convention and present their papers in a special session. All presentations will be made in the online mode this year.
- The short-listed candidates would be expected to submit a 10-15 page full paper summarizing their dissertation at the time of the NAOP convention which is scheduled to take place from March 4 to March 6 in Mumbai. IIT, Bombay will be the host institution.
- An Expert committee will be constituted to select the Best Dissertation Research for the Award.
- The Best Dissertation awardee will be given a certificate and a medal by the Trust.